Position Title: Marketing Coordinator (Intern)
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Salary: $20 per hour / 35 hours per week
Start Date: June 1, 2022
Competition Number: 03-2022
Under the supervision and collaboration with the Jones Insurance marketing and leadership teams, our Marketing Coordinator will plan and execute a 1-year marketing and communications plan to support the goals of Jones Insurance as it pertains to sales growth, brand continuity, and community empowerment. Our ideal hire will come with a core background in a related discipline and exceptional organizational skills to prioritize and deliver on a multitude of projects and initiatives.
- Develop marketing campaigns and identify opportunities to better utilize pathway (email marketing).
- Work with relevant industry groups to develop, plan and execute various advertising campaigns ie: radio, television, print
- Write and edit content for advertising campaigns and other client-facing communications as necessary.
- Create a strategy for use of promotional items; procure items, plan the delivery of items and maintain inventory.
- Work on design and implementation of marketing items such as brochures, direct mail, posters, print ads etc.
- Plan, book and set up office display for trade shows.
- Work with key partners and other staff to create various video media. e.g.: interview existing clients.
- Define our purpose and approach for the major social media platforms.
- In coordination with other staff, create and curate content to drive engagement and shares of our posts.
- Develop and implement detailed plans and schedules for posting.
Work in WordPress to maintain the Jones Insurance Webpage with the support of our hosting contractor and look after:
- Updating our staff information.
- Updating and maintaining partner company information.
- Adding content as directed by management.
- Audit and update website photos so they are most current.
- Build and design a sponsorship page with all info, forms etc. for sponsorship.
- Organize staff-wide volunteer initiatives e.g: Operation Red Nose, Salvation Army Kettles, Dew Drop Inn etc.
- Work with social committee and management to plan staff events (Christmas party, summer events, etc.
- Plan and organize signature fundraising events (e.g. golf tournaments).
Create and maintain a calendar of volunteer opportunities for staff.
- The candidate will have preferably graduated from a college/university with a relevant field of study;
Are at least 18 years of age; and Reside, and be legally entitled to work, in Canada.
- Experience in WordPress and web design is an asset.
- Competency in graphic design, copywriting, and website optimization is valued.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: All customers are asked to wear masks when meeting. We use plexiglass barriers. Sanitizing stations. Masks provided to staff. Vaccination requirement for staff.
Ability to commute/relocate: Thunder Bay, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Language: English (required)
License/Certification: Class G License (required)
Application deadline: 2022-05-20
Expected start date: 2022-06-01