People Focused - We pride ourselves on going above and beyond to take care of our customers and one another. We offer benefits, paid vacation, and a work environment that champions wellness for our staff.
Family-Oriented - We are flexible with work hours (we have kids, we totally get it). Take your birthday off with pay to spend with your family and friends.
Community Driven - We include 2 paid days off for our staff to volunteer in our community any way they see fit. We also support local boards and charities - and ultimately, we want to make Thunder Bay an amazing place to live, work and play!
Continuously Improving & Growing - We nurture those who want to develop and provide security and autonomy to those who want to thrive in their role and make it their own.
Position Title: Marketing Coordinator (Intern)
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Salary: $20 per hour / 35 hours per week
Start Date: December 1, 2022
Competition Number: 04-2022
Under the supervision and collaboration with the Jones Insurance marketing and leadership teams, our Marketing Coordinator will help plan and execute a 1-year marketing and communications plan to support the goals of Jones Insurance as it pertains to sales growth, brand continuity, and community empowerment. Our ideal hire will come with an interest and education in a related discipline and exceptional organizational skills to prioritize and deliver on a multitude of projects and initiatives.
- Develop marketing campaigns and identify opportunities to better utilize pathway (email marketing).
- Work with relevant industry groups to develop, plan and execute various advertising campaigns ie: radio, television, print
- Write and edit content for advertising campaigns and other client-facing communications as necessary.
- Create a strategy for use of promotional items; procure items, plan the delivery of items and maintain inventory.
- Work on design and implementation of marketing items such as brochures, direct mail, posters, print ads etc.
- Plan, book and set up office display for trade shows
- Work with key partners and other staff to create various video media. o e.g.: interview existing clients.
- Define our purpose and approach for the major social media platforms.
- In coordination with other staff, create and curate content to drive engagement and shares of our posts.
- Develop and implement detailed plans and schedules for posting.
- Work in WordPress to maintain the Jones Insurance Webpage with the support of our hosting contractor and look after:
- Updating our staff information Updating and maintaining partner company information
- Adding content as directed by management.
- Audit and update website photos so they are most current.
- Build and design a sponsorship page with all info, forms etc. for sponsorship.
- Organize staff-wide volunteer initiatives e.g: Operation Red Nose, Salvation Army Kettles, DewDrop Inn etc.
- Work with social committee and management to plan staff events (Christmas party, summer events, etc.)
- Plan and organize signature fundraising events (e.g. golf tournaments).
- Create and maintain a calendar of volunteer opportunities for staff.
- The candidate will have preferably graduated from a college/university with a relevant field of study;
- Are at least 18 years of age; and
- Reside, and be legally entitled to work, in Canada.
- Experience in WordPress and web design is an asset.
- Competency in graphic design, copywriting, and website optimization is valued.
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Workforce Development Program. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/workforce-development-stream
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Mask friendly space. We have plexiglass barriers for meeting spaces as preferred. Sanitizing stations.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Thunder Bay, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Have you previously been employed in a position funded by the NOHFC's People and Talent Program?
- Do you currently reside in Northern Ontario?
- Class G Licence (required)