Posted April 22, 2022
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to support our growing Personal Lines Team!
This role is for someone with exceptional organizational abilities looking to grow into an advanced administrative position or become a licensed broker in the years to follow. Our PL Administrative Assistants are essential roles in our organization who directly support our Personal Lines Brokers. If you are a detail-oriented person looking to challenge yourself and develop within an organization, we want to hear from you!
Why Join the Jones Insurance Team?
People Focused – We pride ourselves on going above and beyond to take care of our customers and one another. We offer benefits, paid vacation, and a work environment that champions wellness for our staff.
Family-Oriented – We are flexible with work hours (we have kids, we totally get it). Take your birthday off with pay to spend with your family and friends.
Community Driven – We include 2 paid days off for our staff to volunteer in our community any way they see fit. We also support local boards and charities – and ultimately, we want to make Thunder Bay an amazing place to live, work and play!
Continuously Improving & Growing – We nurture those who want to develop and provide security and autonomy to those who want to thrive in their role and make it their own.
What you would do
• Present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
• Process new insurance applications and policy modifications within our insurance partners’ web portals.
• Assist in internal auditing process as directed by the Personal Lines Manager.
• Complete quote requests in our quotation management systems as directed.
• Compile electronic application packages for brokers.
• Complete daily re-coding entries into our Broker Management System.
• Document all client activity into our Broker Management System.
• Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
• As a part of the administrative team, act in place of our Director of First Impression (lead reception duties) in a coverage capacity for lunches, meetings, holidays, in tandem with other Admin Staff as required by the DFI.
Your core competencies
•Accurate: crossing our t’s and dotting our i’s is vital to meeting our customers’needs and is integral to this position. We have all employees complete anassessment to benchmark their abilities.
•Analytical: you will need to learn and understand the moving parts of policiesand claims. We have a very knowledgeable staff who will support you as youbecome a strong part of our processes.
•Organized: you are methodical or capable of organizing yourself to ensure nodetail is missed and your work is completed.
•Communication: what we say and how we say it are integral to our success. Youwill need to understand our mission and ensure your messaging always reflectthat, to the public and your Jones teammates.
•Adaptable: you are resilient to change, as it is a constant with our business. Weare constantly evolving and making moves strategically for the betterment of ourstaff and clients.
What your background would look like
- •2+ years of work experience in a role with a strong administrative component is valued.
- •Post-secondary education or an equivalent of relevant experience is essential.
- •Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint & Teams.
- •Insurance experience and knowledge of Power-Broker or other Broker Management Systems is an asset but not a deal-breaker.
Please apply online at [email protected] with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Or bring in your resume to Jones & Associates Insurance located at 521 Memorial Ave. Marked: Attn: Management Team
We thank all interested candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.