Career Opportunity: Director of First Impressions- position filled
Jones & Associates is an independently operated insurance brokerage located in Thunder Bay. We have been providing insurance services throughout Ontario since 1984. We pride ourselves in providing full-service protection and quality client service from a friendly and professional team in person, by phone or digitally.
As a progressive organization that is experiencing rapid growth and dynamic change, we currently have an immediate opening for a Receptionist position in our Thunder Bay, Ontario location. This position can provide an entry-level opportunity for someone who is interested in the insurance industry.
As a brokerage, we have a reputation for our commitment to our employees. We encourage and support professional development through our education programs and offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Previous office experience is a requirement.
The Director of First Impressions is responsible for a wide variety of clerical office duties in support of company administration. This includes coordinating and communicating office activities, greeting and screening visitors, answering and referring inbound telephone calls. The Receptionist will also be responsible for administering company correspondence.
- Customer Focus
- High Energy & ability to work in a Fast-paced Environment
- Ability to work with others
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Outgoing personality
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization
- Take and record telephone, e-mail, or written messages for staff members
- Maintain daily syncs to broker management system
- Type forms, letters, reports, and memos as necessary
- Receive and distribute all forms of electronic/paper correspondence
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files in their proper locations
- Arrange and book meetings in boardrooms, off-site conference halls, and other locations; ensure the appropriate presentation equipment is there
- As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions
- Provide information to staff and/or clients about special activities
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence
- Maintain the reception area in a tidy and presentable manner
- High school diploma or GED, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- 2 years of direct work experience in an office or receptionist capacity
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures involving receiving payment, completing bank deposits, efficient computer skills
- Able to write simple correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- General mathematical skills
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous records maintenance skills
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
If you are looking to join a team that offers a modern work environment and genuine support throughout your career then this opportunity could be the right fit for you!
Please email us at email@example.com with “Director of First Impressions” in the subject line with the completed job application: Job Application Fillable Form. Or bring in your resume & the job application to Jones & Associates Insurance located at 521 Memorial Ave. Marked: Attn: Management Team
We thank all interested candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.