Career Opportunity: Personal Lines Insurance Broker – Posted May 5, 2018
Jones & Associates is an independently operated insurance brokerage located in Thunder Bay. We have been providing insurance services throughout Ontario since 1984. We pride ourselves on providing full-service protection and quality client service from a friendly and professional team in person, by phone or digitally.
As a progressive organization that is experiencing rapid growth and dynamic change, we currently have an immediate opening for a Personal Lines Insurance Broker position in our Thunder Bay, Ontario location. This position can provide an entry-level opportunity for someone who is interested in the insurance industry.
As a brokerage, we have a reputation for our commitment to our employees. We encourage and support professional development through our education programs and offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position provides an exceptional opportunity for someone who is interested in expanding their knowledge of the insurance business and is looking to start or progress their professional career.
The Personal Lines Insurance Broker will assist Account Managers/Executives in the marketing and servicing of new accounts. Individual responsibility will be given for the handling of an existing portfolio of clients that will include duties such as policy changes, claims, remarketing and renewals.
This role has the potential to lead to other positions within the brokerage over the longer term.
The degree of success is up to you!
Daily responsibilities include the following:
- Advise clients on claim procedures and explain changes, coverage, and benefits
- Enter and maintain information for new clients and modify information as required
- Make changes to clients’ policies and remarket policies for better premiums or coverages that best suit the clients’ needs
- Calculate premiums and mid-term changes
- Manage and maintain positive client relationships
- Read and understand manuals and company correspondence to use as reference for regular tasks and job duties
- Problem solve with other employees regarding client policies and general advice
- Cover reception as required/needed
- Minimum High School level education preferred Post Secondary level education
- Proficient computer skills
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience in a customer service role
- Demonstrated organizational skills, passion to help others, and a people-friendly personality
- Must work well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Thorough documentation skills
- Great listening, phone, resolving and analyzing skills
- Past experience in an insurance brokerage and possession of a Registered Insurance Broker of Ontario (RIBO) certification is considered an asset, however, it is not mandatory for an entry position.
If you are looking to become a key player on a dynamic team that offers a modern work environment and genuine support throughout your career than this opportunity could be the right fit for you!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Personal Lines Insurance Broker position” in the subject line with the completed job application: Job Application Fillable Form. Or bring in your resume & the job application to Jones & Associates Insurance located at 521 Memorial Ave. Marked: Attn: Management Team
We thank all interested candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.