Jones Insurance is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our growing commercial division. Our Commercial BDM is essential to building the Jones brand and must be driven to exceed our client's expectations, champion local business, and develop as a leader in our community.
As an ideal candidate, you will come to us with professional experience and knowledge of our local business landscape to further our company goals and add value for our clients. We will build out the necessary industry training while leveraging your proficiencies, networks, and drive to succeed.
Your primary responsibilities
- Develop, follow, and achieve sales objectives by developing relationships, identifying potential partnerships, and utilizing referral programs.
- Design and present quotes and proposals for new business and renewals, review requests for policy changes, and field administrative requests for the commercial support team.
- Advise existing and prospective commercial clients on their insurance coverage and identify needs or opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Navigate the claims process with clients when a loss is incurred.
- Keep apprised of industry trends, changes, and opportunities as they relate to our clients.
Your core competencies
- Integrity & Attitude: your word is impeccable, and you consciously conduct yourself in line with our company values.
- Communication: From the boardroom to the farm - you can organize, disseminate, and deliver complex information to our existing and potential clients in a manner that supports them, both spoken and written.
- Business Acumen: you have apt financial literacy and a solid understanding of business principles.
- Results Driven: we have a compensation model that rewards results with no limitations.
- Organized: we have exceptional admin support to assist our brokers, but the onus is on you to monitor and structure your work to ensure company targets are met and exceed clients' needs.
- Client Management: you are a natural relationship builder and understand how to prioritize opportunities and needs for our clients effectively. Switching gears from presenting proposals to navigating a loss comes naturally to you.
- Adaptable: you are flexible and resilient to change and value diverse and creative approaches to make improvements.
What your background would look like
- 2-4 years in a position with a sales component is required.
- 8-10 years of professional experience within the business, sales, finance, planning, marketing, or other fields where your success is demonstrable.
- Post-secondary education that is complementary to a related industry is desired.
- RIBO or CAIB designation is valued but not required.
- Experience with lead management software and sales training is valued.
- Willingness to work with Office 365 and overall basic technical competency is compulsory.
Why Join Jones Insurance?
- People-Focused - We pride ourselves on going above and beyond to take care of our customers and one another. We offer benefits, paid vacation, RRSP plans and a work environment that promotes wellness for our staff.
- Family-Oriented - We are flexible with work hours (we have kids, we totally get it). So take your birthday off with pay to spend with your family and friends.
- Community Driven - We include 2 paid days off for our staff to volunteer in our community any way they see fit. We also support local boards and charities -we want to make Thunder Bay the best place to live, work and play!
- Continuously Improving & Growing - We nurture those who want to develop and provide security and autonomy to those who want to thrive in their role and make it their own.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
We have thorough screening and cleaning regimens, as well as masks available at all times.
- We are looking for someone who has established themselves professionally in an industry that can translate to business insurance. We also value skill and attitude over insurance experience. Knowing these factors, feel free to share a brief explanation as to why you think you would fit this role and our team.
- Business Development: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-01-09