Career Opportunity: Accounting Manager – Posted July 13, 2018
Jones & Associates is an independently operated insurance brokerage located in Thunder Bay. We have been providing insurance services throughout Ontario since 1984. We pride ourselves on providing full-service protection and quality client service from a friendly and professional team in person, by phone or digitally.
As a progressive organization that is experiencing rapid growth and dynamic change, we are currently looking to create the role of an Accounting Manager.
As a brokerage, we have a reputation for our commitment to our employees. We encourage and support professional development through our education programs and offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
J&A is looking for an Accounting Manager to be responsible for directing and managing the company’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures. They will maintain fiscal records, prepare financial reporting, provide accurate information including analysis, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Maintain books of account (including but not limited to authorizing cheques, coding and posting invoices, accounts payable / receivable, journal entries, reconciliations, internal funds).
- Prepare monthly / quarterly / annual financial statements and reports.
- Work with our operational team to define, measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which influence internal operating efficiency.
- Maintain year-end working papers / spreadsheets and assist with preparation for any audits or independent reviews.
- Complete monthly reconciliation for all accounts (general and trust accounts).
- Coordinate the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts, and other planning or control processes.
- Complete tax planning in compliance with Federal, Provincial and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
- Provide effective financial controls, create policies and document procedures for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.(preferred)
- CGA designation is an asset but not required.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in financial management or administration.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- General understanding of computerized accounting systems, payroll systems, and MS Office Suite.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
J&A offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
If you are looking to become a key player on a dynamic team that offers a modern work environment and genuine support throughout your career than this opportunity could be the right fit for you!
Please click here to apply.
We thank all interested candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.