Secure Your Future Today... Join Our Team!
Are you seeking a new or first-time career? If you are looking for more than just a job, or if you are interested in setting out on a rewarding lifetime career, we may have an opportunity for you!
Thank you for showing interest and taking the opportunity to view our current career opportunities, see below for current available positions:
Business Development Manager
- Posted on July 26, 2021
Jones Insurance is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our growing commercial division. Our BDM is essential to building the Jones brand and must be driven to exceed our clients expectations, champion local business, and develop as a leader in our community. As an ideal candidate, you will come to us with professional experience and knowledge of our local business landscape to further our company goals and add value for our clients. We will build out the necessary industry training while leveraging your proficiencies, networks, and soft skills.
Your primary responsibilities
- Advise existing and prospective commercial clients on their insurance coverage and identify needs or opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Design and present quotes and proposals for new business and renewals, review requests for policy changes, and field administrative requests for the commercial support team.
- Navigate the claims process with clients when a loss is incurred.
- Develop, follow, and achieve sales objectives by developing relationships, identifying potential partnerships, and utilizing referral programs.
- Keep apprised of industry trends, changes, and opportunities as they relate to our clients. Your core competencies
- Integrity Attitude: your word is impeccable, and you consciously conduct yourself in line with our company values.
- Communication: From the boardroom to the farm - you can organize, disseminate, and deliver complex information to our existing and potential clients in a manner that supports them, both spoken and written.
- Business Acumen: you have apt financial literacy and a solid understanding of business principles.
- Organized: we have exceptional admin support to assist our brokers, but the onus is on you to monitor and structure your work to ensure company targets are met and exceed clients needs.
- Client Management: you are a natural relationship builder and understand how to prioritize opportunities and needs for our clients effectively. Switching gears from presenting proposals to navigating a loss comes naturally to you.
- Adaptable: you are flexible and resilient to change and value diverse and creative approaches to make improvements.
What your background would look like:
- Knowledge of the local business landscape is essential.
- 2-4 years in a position with a sales component is ideal.
- 8-10 years professional experience within business, sales, finance, planning, marketing, or other fields where your success is demonstrable.
- Post-secondary education that is complementary to a related industry is desired.
- RIBO or CAIB designation is valued but not required.
- Experience with lead management software and sales training is valued.
- Proficiency in Office 365 and overall basic technical competency is compulsory.
Why Join Jones Insurance?
- People-Focused - We pride ourselves on going above and beyond to take care of our customers and one another. We offer benefits, paid vacation, RRSP plans and a work environment that promotes wellness for our staff.
- Family-Oriented - We are flexible with work hours (we have kids, we totally get it). So take your birthday off with pay to spend with your family and friends.
- Community Driven - We include 2 paid days off for our staff to volunteer in our community any way they see fit. We also support local boards and charities -we want to make Thunder Bay the best place to live, work and play!
- Continuously Improving Growing - We nurture those who want to develop and provide security and autonomy to those who want to thrive in their role and make it their own.
To apply, visit https://bit.ly/jones-business-development-manager
Interested in Becoming an Independent Insurance Broker?
You need to be outgoing, enthusiastic, self-confident, disciplined and hardworking. Because you help protect what matters most to your clients, you need great communication and presentation skills. Some brokerage firms hire candidates with high school diplomas, however most recruit those with college or university degrees.
To be an insurance broker in Ontario, you must be licenced by the Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO).
The Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario (IBAO) provides a course to set you up for success with an online or in-class study option! Annual continuing education hours are mandatory and the industry offers a variety of courses and seminars to help you meet this requirement.