Secure Your Future Today... Join Our Team!
Are you seeking a new or first-time career? If you are looking for more than just a job, or if you are interested in setting out on a rewarding lifetime career, we may have an opportunity for you!
Thank you for showing interest and taking the opportunity to view our current career opportunities, see below for current available positions:
Jones Insurance is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our growing commercial division.
The Administrative Assistant will play a key role in supporting our growing commercial team. At Jones, our shared purpose is to champion our customers and ensure their insurance protection is evolving with them. To deliver a high standard of service to our clientele of local businesses, our ideal candidate will join our team possessing advanced administrative and analytical skills with supporting professional experience.
This position can accommodate a hybrid work model after the initial training period. However, the candidate must be highly collaborative and diligent in ensuring they are available for urgent requests.
Your primary responsibilities
- Prepare proposals, client renewal packages (binders, certificates, summaries, etc.), invoices, and premium finance quotes for clients as directed by Account Managers or Commercial Brokers.
- Input, review, and submit new applications or renewal information to companies and liaise with account managers and brokers to obtain any additional requirements for the insurer.
- Provide detailed policy proofing/fact-checking when completing assigned work.
- Manage the ongoing electronic task list within our broker management system and ensure all tasks are actioned by the appropriate team members.
Your core competencies
- Detail-oriented: crossing our t's and dotting our i's is essential to meet our customers' needs.
- Problem-solving: there are always unique situations that will challenge you day-to-day.
- Time Management: we don’t micromanage our staff. How you prioritize (and re-prioritize) your day to get things done timely and efficiently is yours to organize.
- Communication: what we say and how we say it is integral to our success. You will need to ensure your spoken and written messaging always reflects our mission and vision.
- People skills: conducting ourselves professionally, with empathy and kindness, is essential to your success with our team.
- Adaptable: change is a constant with our business, and we believe in embracing it and making moves strategically for the better.
What your background would look like
- 2+ years of work experience in a role with a strong administrative component is essential.
- Post-secondary education or an equivalent of relevant experience is valued.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint & Teams is essential.
- Sound knowledge of general office procedures involving receiving payments and file management is essential.
- Competency in client management software is an asset.
- Why Join Jones Insurance?
People Focused - We pride ourselves on going above and beyond to take care of our customers and one another. We offer benefits, paid vacation, and a work environment that promotes wellness for our staff.
Family-Oriented - We are flexible with work hours (we have kids, we get it). Take your birthday off with pay to spend with your family and friends.
Community Driven - We include 2 paid days off for our staff to volunteer in our community any way they see fit. We also support local boards and charities, as we want to make Thunder Bay an amazing place to live, work and play!
Continuously Improving & Growing - We nurture those who want to develop and provide security and autonomy to those who want to thrive in their role and make it their own.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume, with attention to Megan Elsey, Operations Officer, by Friday, November 5, 2021. We appreciate all applicants who take the time to apply, but only those selected for the next steps of the process will be contacted. Those contacted will be asked to complete a quick online assessment.
Application deadline: 2021-11-05
Expected start date: 2021-11-29
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $36,000.00-$40,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Schedule: 8 hour shift
COVID-19 Considerations: All clients must be masked to enter the building, employees who are permitted to work in the office must wear masks. Cleaning and distancing protocols are also in place.
Application question(s): We are looking for someone who is meticulous with detail and process-oriented. Tell us how you demonstrate these qualities in your professional life:
Education: Secondary School (required)
Experience: Administrative Assistant: 2 years (preferred)
Language: English (required)
Work remotely: No
To apply, visit https://bit.ly/commercial-administrative-assistant
Interested in Becoming an Independent Insurance Broker?
You need to be outgoing, enthusiastic, self-confident, disciplined and hardworking. Because you help protect what matters most to your clients, you need great communication and presentation skills. Some brokerage firms hire candidates with high school diplomas, however most recruit those with college or university degrees.
To be an insurance broker in Ontario, you must be licenced by the Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO).
The Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario (IBAO) provides a course to set you up for success with an online or in-class study option! Annual continuing education hours are mandatory and the industry offers a variety of courses and seminars to help you meet this requirement.